Tide-pool critters can withstand the harsh environment in which they live, but they are very vulnerable to human activity. Please observe the following tide-pool etiquette, so our intertidal critter friends will survive your visit!
- Please walk cautiously...avoid stepping on critters whenever possible.
- Handle intertidal animals very carefully...poking, pulling and prying can cause injury or death.
- If you do pick up a critter, please return it to the same place where you found it. These little guys are so specialized, they may not survive in another location only a few feet away.
- When moving rocks or plants to get a better view, replace them just as you found them so exposed animals won't dry out.
- Take only photos and leave the critters for other tide-poolers to enjoy (they probably won't survive if you do try to take them home).